Combining tradition and modernity, the lawyers at Rivedroit understand litigation in all its components: mastery of procedures, pleading, execution of decisions, but also crisis management, media plan, amicable settlement, alternative dispute resolution…
Lawyers at Rivedroit all practice litigation to defend the interests of their clients before all state and arbitration courts, regardless of the type of dispute:
- Contractual liability: unpaid bills, late deliveries, disputed invoices, non-execution, etc.
- Unfair terms.
- Termination of established business relationships.
In addition to the hearing itself, Rivedroit acts both upstream of the litigation, by taking, when possible, all necessary conservatory measures (registration of mortgages, conservatory seizures, etc.), and downstream, during the phase of the execution of awards (orders to pay, seizure of attributions, notice to third party holders, etc.).
The firm’s lawyers have also acquired extensive experience in litigation specific to business life:
- Disputes between partners: violation of a shareholders’ agreement or the articles of association, contestation of business operations, disputed put/call options, etc.
- Security law: guarantees of assets and liabilities, personal guarantees for managers, etc.
- Action ut singuli.
- Litigation of insolvency procedures: filling of receivables, bankruptcy, etc.
Rivedroit is also involved in all types of amicable settlement procedures (mediation, conciliation, etc.).
PARTNERS: GUILLAUME KRAFFT, NICOLAS MAUBERT
Criminal law is at the heart of Rivedroit’s activity. Rivedroit regularly acts in cases of violence, morals, narcotics, terrorism, organized gangs… as well as in white collar crimes: breach of trust, abuse of corporate assets, embezzlement, money laundering, corruption, various frauds… This intervention is part of usually complex and/or international cases involving all aspects of criminal law, criminal procedure and judicial cooperation. As such, Rivedroit defends its French or foreign clients before French courts but also before foreign courts or International Organizations alongside local colleagues. Thanks to his daily intervention with industrial corporations and insurance companies, Guillaume Krafft has also developed and consolidated two specific criminal expertise:
- Criminal labor law: accidents at work, health and safety, delegation of powers, hindrances, concealed work, etc.
- Insurance criminal law: false certificates, embezzlement, fraud, liability of intermediaries, etc.
PARTNER: GUILLAUME KRAFFT
LABOR LAW LITIGATION
Our lawyers have acquired first-class experience in litigation. They act before all courts, civil and criminal. Our firm assists you, represents you and defends your interests in the context of all individual and collective disputes under labor law:
- Litigation in relation to the termination of employment contract (single or plural)
- Collective litigations (strikes, restructuring litigation, collective agreement litigation…)
- Litigation in matters of discrimination and moral or sexual harassment
- Litigation regarding concealed work and the loan of workers
- Administrative litigation related to the status of protected employee
- Management and resolution of disputes with senior executives
- Incapacity litigation
- Litigation in relation to accident in the workplace.
PARTNER: LAURENT FEBRER
CRIMINAL LABOR LAW LITIGATION
Lawyers at Rivedroit are involved in this matter since the conciliation phase. They participate in the prevention of corporate criminal risk by providing internal training to companies on the most common risks. They also ensure the defense of companies, their managers and their employees before the criminal courts:
- Offense of obstruction
- Moral and sexual harassment.
- Action against theft and breach of trust committed by company employees.
- Health and Safety Regulation.
- Illegal lending of employees and the offense of haggling.
PARTNERS: GUILLAUME KRAFFT, LAURENT FEBRER
REAL ESTATE / CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION
Even the best real estate investment “on paper” can give rise to the worst difficulties. For example:
- Bad real estate arrangement or tax exemption.
- Forced real estate sale, confirmation of promises, execution of sales mandates, liability of the seller/property developer.
- Claims, damages (liability of designers/architects/contractors, judicial expertise, implementation of legal and contractual guarantees, claims against insurers, etc.).
PARTNER: SIMON IZARET
INDUSTRIAL RISKS, DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, HIDDEN DEFECTS
Experienced in cases involving significant technical aspects, lawyers at Rivedroit assist their clients, particularly industrial ones, in the context of difficulties related to their production activity. Rivedroit acts at all stages of the case:
- Identification of risks: audit of the activity, liability incurred in various capacities (civil, criminal, administrative), involvement of the various players in the contractual chain… To do this, the firm’s lawyers understand the manufacturing processes of their clients, their commercial policy and the environment in which they operate in order to have a detailed view of the difficulties they face.
- Pre-litigation phase: analysis of the issues at stake on the legal and technical sides, alternative strategies to the trial according to the risk of judicial condemnation.
- Litigation phase: judicial expertise, defense on the merits, enforcement of decisions.
- Rivedroit is also involved in the litigation of its clients (whether producers or distributors) in matters of hidden defects. As such, lawyers at Rivedroit have developed significant expertise in the automotive field, working for several years for a leading manufacturer.
PARTNER: GUILLAUME KRAFFT
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
Rivedroit has significant experience in intellectual property litigation and defends all types of rights holders (companies, authors, artists) before specialized courts, whether in trademark, patent, drawings and models, copyright or derived rights.
- Advising a national museum in the context of pre-litigation copyright claims.
- Advising a press photographer in litigation for copyright infringement for unauthorized use of photographic pictures.
- Advising an insurance company in a trademark cancellation action brought by a competitor.
- Advising an airline company in a trademark infringement action brought by a catering service provider.
- Advising an Australian shoe manufacturer in the context of an opposition to a trademark registration filed by a French company.
PARTNER: NICOLAS MAUBERT