Nicolas Maubert Rivedroit Avocat Paris
Partner, co-founder and lawyer
Lawyer at the Paris Bar since 1999
From Paris to Texas via Beijing, Nicolas Maubert's training and experience have been focussed on incorporating multiple different legal systems (continental and common law) and different areas of law (corporate law, intellectual property, contract law). Today, he draws on this multi-faceted background in his work with his clients, taking an approach that allows him to handle the most complex of cases in which different points of view are essential. Yet Nicolas' priority is making things as understandable and practical as possible. He explains, re-explains, advises, warns, and finds solutions. His 360-degree analysis of companies' situations allows him to tailor solutions to meet each company's unique needs. Both in his practise and his core values, he sees law as a tool designed to help boost companies' strategies.
I have a natural tendency towards counsel and education, which means I get involved in each stage of a company's development and in international projects in France. My clients are scattered around the world, in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
The five years he spent in China and the strong ties he forged with the United States lend him a reassuringly solid connection with foreign investors - not only is Nicolas well-versed in cultural traditions and differences, he also never turns up with a ready-made solution already in mind. He remains open and attentive, always looking for possibilities and opportunities.
He is particularly interested in intellectual property. Nicolas is very involved in Rivedroit's patronage schemes (Orchestre de Paris, Centre Pompidou - Metz) and in the firm's relationships with cultural institutions
- October 2009 - present: Rivedroit Avocats: Founding Partner and Co-Director
- 2007-2009: Gide LoyretteNouel - Paris office - IP-TMT department
- 2002-2007: Gide LoyretteNouel - Beijing office
- 1999-2002: Gide LoyretteNouel - Paris office - IP-TMT department
- Master's Degree in Business Law - Université Paris X Nanterre
- Diploma in Applied Legal Studies, specialising in English and American Law, Université Paris X Nanterre
- LL.M, University of Texas - School of Law
- CAPA (bar examination), passed in 1999
- Co-authored a collective piece published by Editions Flammarion for the Paparazzi ! Photographes, Stars et Artistes ('Paparazzi! Photographers, Stars and Artists') exhibition at the Centre Pompidou-Metz - February 2014.
- Affaire RENAULT : une affaire d'Etats? ('The RENAULT affair: a State affair?') - La Tribune, January 2011.
- "Opposition To Aspects Of Google Book Project Settlement Mounts", article written by Bruce Gain and quoting N. Maubert, published on 18 September 2009 in Intellectual Property Watch.
- Hadopi, Coupez on la refait ('Hadopi, Cut, let’s do it again') - La Tribune, 29 June 2009.
- Hadopi: La Fraude risque d'être encouragée ('Hadopi: An encouragement to fraud?') - Interview in the Tribune, 12 June 2009.
- "Special Report, the future of file sharing", article written by Bruce Gain and quoting N. Maubert, published on 28 May 2009 in Intellectual Property Watch;
- "French Legislature Puts Finishing Touches on Ambitious File-Sharing Law" - article written by Bruce Gain and quoting N. Maubert, published on 23 February 2009 in Intellectual Property Watch./li>
- Transferts de technologie et de savoir-faire en Chine - Une activité à risque ('Technology and know-how transfer in China - A risky business') - Gazette du Palais, Friday 20 June 2008.
- Lecturer in contract law for first- and second-year students and lecturer on a module in Chinese business law at the Ecole Centrale Paris.
- Professional training modules in setting up joint ventures and technology transfer agreements.